*** In stock (except silver with DAC) / Free Shipping (Canada) / Usually ships the next business day ***
The entry model into the world of VOLTAiR headphone amplifiers.
The Phonitor se has the same audio signal amplification as its bigger brothers Phonitor x and Phonitor xe and therefore offers the same sound experience. The DAC768xs is optionally available.
Volume & Source Selection
The volume is adjusted with a milled all-aluminum rotary knob. The Alps RK27 “Big Blue” potentiometer provides a pleasant “spoon in honey” turning feeling.
In addition to an analog source, three other digital sources can be connected to the Phonitor se with the optional DAC.
Headphone Output with Power
The Phonitor se offers a 6.35 mm jack for connecting headphones with jack plug.
Up to 2 x 5 watts of output power is available at this socket. This allows even very power-hungry headphones such as magnetostats or electrostats to be driven effortlessly.
The revolution in the headphone amplifier is the Phonitor Matrix, with switchable crossfeed, that allows you to listen to music through headphones with the sound experience of listening through speakers.
The tiring super stereo effect and the exaggerated reproduction of reverberation and effects are a thing of the past.
Enjoy your music without fatigue and exactly as it should be heard.
The Phonitor Matrix in its largest expansion stage has three setting parameters: Crossfeed, Speaker Angle and Center Level.
In Phonitor se the Center Level is preset to -1 dB and the speaker placement Angle to 30°. These are the most common values.
The Crossfeed function determines the crosstalk of the channels, the so-called interaural level difference. There are two switch positions C1 and C2 for the intensity of the Crossfeed.
The Phonitor se is equipped with gold-plated RCA sockets for the analog input.
The optional DAC768xs adds three more digital sources: USB Coax and Optical.
The Optional DAC768xs
The highly acclaimed AKM AK4490 Velvet Sound™ premium DAC chip is used as the converter chip in the optional digital-to-analogue converter, which thanks to its new architecture reproduces the finest sound details.
It converts PCM audio with a resolution of 32 bits and a sampling rate of up to 768kHz, which corresponds to 16 times the CD resolution. Direct Stream Digital is also supported up to a resolution of DSD4 or DSD256.
- Type: RCA
- Maximum input gain: 32.5 dBu
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ
Digital Inputs with DAC768xs (optional)
- Coaxial SPDIF (RCA): PCM sample rates 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Optical SPDIF (Toslink F06): PCM sample rates 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / with optical fibber <1m: 176.4/192 kHz,
- USB (B): PCM sample rates 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 352.8 / 384 / 705.6 / 768 kHz - DSD over PCM (DoP), sample rates 2.8 (DSD64) / 5.6 (DSD128) / 11.2 (DSD256) MHz
- Type: 6.35 mm (1/4") TRS Jack
- Wiring: Tip = Left, Ring = Right, Sleeve = GND
- Source impedance: 0.18 Ω
- Damping factor (40 Ω): 180
- Frequency range (-3dB): 10 Hz – 300 kHz
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): -90 dB
- THD + N (10 Hz – 22 kHz, 0 dBu): 0.00091 %
- Noise (A-weighted): -103 dBu
- Output power (1 kHz, 1% THD, 600 Ω): 2 x 2.7 W
- Output power (1 kHz, 1% THD, 300 Ω): 2 x 5 W
- Output power (1 kHz, 1% THD, 32 Ω): 2 x 1 W
- Dynamic range: 135.5 dB
Internal Linear Power Supply with Shielded Toroidal Transformer
- Operating voltage for analog audio: +/- 60 V
- Operating voltage for relays and LEDs: +12 V
- Operating voltage for DAC768xs: +7 V, +3.3 V
Mains Power Supply
- Mains voltage (selectable, see fuse chamber): 230 V AC / 50 Hz; 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuse for 230 V: T 315 mA
- Fuse for 115 V : T 630 mA
- Power consumption: max. 30 VA
- Stand-by power consumption: < 0,3 W
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions W x H x D (width x height incl. feet x depth): 278 x 57 x 330 mm (11 x 2.24 x 13 inch)
- Unit weight: 2,8 kg (6.17 lb)