*** In stock / Free Shipping (Canada) / Usually ships the next business day ***
The M6 SDAC is a very high-quality 32/768kHz upsampling/reclocking DAC. It has 7 inputs: 3 x Coax, 3 x Optical and 1 x USB. It will accept all data rates up to 32bit 768kHz and DSD 64/128. All inputs are upsampled to 32/768.
The M6SDAC has incredibly low distortion, 0.0004% at 20kHz...breathtaking. Stereo separation is better than 120dB. Noise ratio is better than 119dB down....the music is presented on a black velvet background. Linearity is better than 110dB. It excels in every technical area.
The fixed/variable, single ended/balanced output stage employs state-of-the-art components and circuitry which deliver superlative technical and sonic performance and exceptional load driving characteristics and will drive any combination of cable/length/electronics flawlessly.
The headphone amp has the same design philosophy and implementation.
The Stuff that Matters: The Sound
The M6SDAC's immediate sonic impression is of effortless grace and transparency...there is a sensation of communication from the artists that is hypnotic and compelling. It is so musically integrated: the whole sound is sweet and clear; the treble is completely grain free and extended. The bottom end sounds endless with tactile bass dynamics and light speed fast attack/decay. The imaging, as you would expect from better than 120dB separation, is excellent: side to side, image placement, a palpable sense of the recording venue that places the performers in real-time holographic space.
The M6s DAC In Brief
- 32bit 768kHz
- True Upsampling/Reclocking DAC with DSD
- 7 Inputs
- Very High Performance Headphone Amp
- Single Ended and Balanced Fixed/Variable Output
- Output impedance: 47 ohms
- Output, digital 0dB level: 2 .2V R.M.S . nominal (RCA), 4 .4V R.M.S . (XLR)
- Power: 1.5W / channel into 32 Ω
- Output impedance: 40 Ω Suitable for 10-600 Ω headphones
- THD: <0 .005% typical 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal/noise ratio: >115dB “A” wtd
- Frequency response: +0, -1dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- DAC circuit: 32 bit Hyperstream II
- Total correlated jitter: <12 picoseconds peak to peak
- Linearity: <±0 .1dB down to -96dB
- Frequency response: <2Hz to 90kHz typically, -3dB (192 kHz input sample rate)
- Channel separation: >105dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to noise: >120dB “A”- wtd
- Total harmonic distortion: <0 .0012% 10Hz to 20kHz
Line level outputs
- 1 pair line level RCA (no-balanced), left and right
- 1 pair line level XLR (balanced), left and right
- 3 RCA coaxial SPDIF in, 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 3 TOSLINK optical in, 32-96 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 1 USB 2 .0 in, type ‘Micro B’ connector for computer/PDA/other “host” 16-32 bits, 32-192 kbps fully asynchronous (Actual data determined by source file/computer software settings)
- Mains voltages: 115VAC
- Consumption: 20 Watts maximum
- 6 .9 kg (unit only)
- Wide: 440 mm
- High, including feet: 100 mm
- Deep (front to back) including terminals: 380 mm