*** In stock / Free Shipping (Canada) / Usually ships the next business day ***
Dome Flax is a high-end sound system made in France, characterized by its miniature, high-tech design. Thanks to its linen Flax cone, this 5.1 system gets a major improvement in definition and intelligibility of dialogue as well as a larger spatialization thanks to improved linearity of frequency response. A true return to nature of film.
The Dome Flax system is perfectly paired with the wireless subwoofer Sub Air for a 5.1 configuration. Free from any cables, Sub Air offers an intense and deep sound and perfectly fits into all kinds of spaces with its flat and compact design.
As for the style, Dome has a refined design, perfectly in line with current trends.
No visible screws with cover, noble materials combined with a luxury finish providing high perceived value, it can be rotated and it is easy to integrate by mounting to a wall, the ceiling or a stand.
- High-fidelity speaker, patented Flax technology
- Focal sound with advanced technologies
- Integrated speaker: in wall, in ceiling, on furniture or standing
- High-gloss lacquered Aluminium body
- Made in France
New generation Home-Cinema
The Dome is a high-end miniature speaker that opens the door to a whole new dimension of sound. This speaker is made in France and incorporates Focal loudspeaker technology from the brand’s most prestigious models. The Dome has a sleek design without any visible screw fittings, and is made using sophisticated materials with luxury finishes.
Dome is at the forefront of innovation. This speaker is multi-directional and can be fitted to a wall, the ceiling or a stand with equal ease. Thanks to its combination of power and eloquence, it exemplifies the concept of “sound spotlights”.
The flax cone is made in France exclusively by Focal since 2013. With their original design, the cone is entirely oriented towards acoustic performance. They are made of high quality flax fiber enclosed by two thin layers of glass fiber. F cone are characterized by their natural sound, with low coloration, their richness of reproduction in the midrange register and their tighter bass. The lightness of the fiber satisfies the criteria of high internal damping, high velocity and high flexural rigidity. Flax is twice as light as fiberglass, because the fiber is hollow. It also has very low elasticity which makes it ideal to increase the flexural rigidity of a sandwich structure.
Dome Flax satellite
- Type: 2-way compact sealed speaker
- Drivers: 4" (10cm) Flax mid-bass / 1" (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter
- Frequency response: (±3dB) 80 Hz – 28 kHz
- Low frequency point: (-6dB) 72Hz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum impedance: 4 Ohms
- Crossover frequency: 2500Hz
- Recommended amplifier power: 25 - 100W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6 3/4 x 5 11/16 x 5 5/8" (172 x 144 x 143mm)
- Net weight: 1,9 kg
Sub Air Subwoofer
-Type: Flat bass-reflex subwoofer / integrated 150W BASH amp
- Speaker driver (diameter): 8" (21cm)
- Bass cutoff frequency: (-6dB) 35Hz
- Frequency response (+/- 3dB): 40Hz-200Hz
- Crossover cutoff frequency: variable 50 Hz - 200 Hz
- Input panel: Left Right / LFE
- Continuous power output: 110 W
- Peak power: 150 W
- Phase adjustment: 0 - 180° switch
- Power functions: ON Auto (1 W) OFF (0,5 W)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 16.1"x14.2"x6.3" (410 mm x 360 mm x 160 mm)
- Weight: 17 lbs (7,65 Kg)
Wireless connection (sub air)
- Range in Meter: 15 meters (in a room)
- Sound Sampling: 16 bits
- Sampling Frequency 44,1kHz (sub air)
- Coding delay (latency): 13ms
- Radio transmission powers or sensitivity: 0dBm
- Radio transmission frequency band: 2,4Ghz ISM band