*** In stock / Free Shipping (Canada) / Usually ships the next business day ***
Open-back headphones for the home
The gold standard in Focal open-back headphones, Clear Mg delivers outstanding sound performance and sophisticated, design-led features.
Made in France, these top of the range headphones incorporate exclusive Focal technologies, the result of cutting-edge research in acoustics and Focal savoir-faire. The speaker drivers are composed of a unique magnesium cone, a material that enables sharp, precise, impactful playback that results in stunningly real sound.
The elegant finish of Clear Mg is also unique with a Chestnut and Mixed-Metals design combined with the ultimate comfort of a leather headband and microfibre earpads. Supplied with two cables and a carrying case, they have everything you could need to enjoy incredible sound in a quiet environment.
Fully unleashed, the sound is incredibly pure, generating a wide range of emotions for even more listening pleasure.
Comfortable and ultimate openness
The solid aluminium yoke perfectly hugs the face whilst the leather and microfibre-covered headband follows a smooth curve regardless of head circumference. The perforated microfibre earpads play a key part in comfort levels whilst also contributing to the open sound of the headphones. This openness is further enabled by the honeycomb design of the earcups’ external grille.
Innovation dedicated to sound
After four years of research and development, the engineers at Focal have designed a magnesium dome for the Clear Mg speaker drivers. Combined with an ‘M’-shaped dome, this material promotes even more lightness, rigidity and damping, the three success factors for a speaker driver. This innovation brings great dynamics and detail across the full sound spectrum while preserving a neutral and balanced signature. The ‘M’-shaped grille inside the earcup follows the curves of the speaker driver for even greater precision.
Solid aluminium, genuine leather, microfibre: the premium materials chosen for Clear Mg are a clear quality gauge but also provide unique elegance. Timeless and design-led, the honeycomb pattern on the external grille of the earcups plus the Chestnut and Mixed Metals finish are a thing of beauty. Quite simply, they are unique in their sophistication.
- Rigid woven carrying case in colours to match the headphone
- 2 low resistivity 24 AWG OFC copper cables (1 x 3.9ft (1.2m) mini-jack cable with 1/4” (6.35mm) jack adapter / 1 x 9.8ft (3m) 4-pin XLR cable)
- High-fidelity open-back headphones for consumer use, made in France
- New dome material: Magnesium, for lightness and damping
- Remarkable sound performance: perfect dynamics, detail and balance
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Low impedance (55 Ohms) to achieve very good performance with a portable player
- Type: Circum-aural open-back headphones
- Impedance: 55 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 28kHz
- Speaker driver: 15/8" (40mm) ‘M’-shaped magnesium dome
- Weight: 0.99lbs (450g)
- Cables supplied: ( 1 x 3.9ft (1.2m) mini-jack cable with 1/4" (6.35mm) jack adapter / 1 x 9.8ft (3m) 4-pin XLR cable / 1 jack adapter,
1 1/8" (3.5mm) female – 1/4" (6.35mm) male
- Carrying case provided: 9 7/8 x 9 1/2 x 4 3/4" (250 x 240 x 120 mm)